THE NEXT STEP:
The stories in the award-winning From Genocide to Generosity contain principles for steps of healing and change for individuals after difficult events. But the stories do not spell out how you move from grief, bitterness, hatred etc. This is now developing.
To enable your small group to find some of the principles in the book that can help you, I’ll work with a videographer to film key questions and ideas on how to take some steps towards change.
I am consulting with reference people who will assess, test and improve what I develop. During 2017 as I receive feedback and suggestions I will update the material on the 2live4give.org website.
Whilst the INDIEFAB GOLD award was for the topic of ‘Grief and Grieving’, the themes to be covered include a range of practical issues, including:
- telling my story in a safe and trusting circle
- bereavement, grief and loss
- identifying and trusting my emotions and feelings
- expressing emotions appropriately – where does violence come from?
- understanding forgiveness – what it is not, as well as what it is.
- knowing when reconciliation is possible – the role of confession & justice
- what about relating to Indigenous Australians?
- what about communicating with people from other faiths?
- Suggestions to guide your small group facilitators
To keep in touch with progress write to me at email@example.com Come, be a part. Sincerely hopeful,